Home Phototherapy Ordering Information
Step 1 – Complete Your Research
Knowledge is essential. Use as many resources as you can to research this subject and build a paper file that you can take to your physician.
Many people will need a Solarc Standard Information Package (SIP) to take to their physician and/or employer’s health insurance company. This 3.6MB Adobe Acrobat PDF file contains almost all the info you will need, including condensed versions of the Selection Guide, Order Forms, Brochures, FAQ, Understanding UVB Narrowband article, Tips for Insurance and more…
Home UVB Phototherapy Selection Guide
SolRx E‑Series Expandable System Brochure
SolRx 1000‑Series Full Body Panel Phototherapy Brochure
SolRx 500‑Series Hand/Foot & Spot Phototherapy Brochure
SolRx 100‑Series Small Spot & Scalp Phototherapy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Understanding Narrowband UVB Phototherapy Article
As another resource option, you may make an appointment to visit our showroom and manufacturing facility located at 1515 Snow Valley Rd. in Barrie, Ontario, Canada.
Step 2 – Obtain an importation permit from COFEPRIS
Importing a SolRx home phototherapy device to Mexico for personal use requires an importation permit from COFEPRIS. Obtaining an importation permit from COFEPRIS is very simple and free. Below is a list of steps to follow to obtain your importation permit.
- Obtain a non-expired medical prescription from your Doctor that indicates his professional Cédula de Identidad number, the patient’s name and the model of the SolRx phototherapy device that you want to import.
- Download the COFEPRIS importation permit request form from our Download Center or by clicking here. The form is pre-completed with most of the information you need from Solarc Systems Inc.. You will only need to complete the missing fields with your personal information and the device model you want to import.
- Submit the request form along with the medical prescription to the COFEPRIS office at Calle Oklahoma No. 14, Col. Nápoles, Delegación Benito Juárez, C.P. 03810, Mexico City, ph: 01 800 033 5050.
Note: If you live too far from Mexico City you can find the nearest COFEPRIS office in your area using the following link: http://www.gob.mx/tramites/ficha/permiso-sanitario-de-importacion-de-dispositivos-medicos-para-uso-personal/COFEPRIS702
If you have technical questions or need any assistance to complete the form please contact the COFEPRIS office. The COFEPRIS service agents are friendly and can help you answer the technical questions in the form. The COFEPRIS office can be reached the following ways:
- in person at Calle Oklahoma 14, Benito Juárez, Nápoles, 03810 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico,
- by phone at 5080 5200 , citizen assistance: 01 800 033 50 50,
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The COFEPRIS importation permit is free of charge for personal use and the approval procedure usually takes 2 to 3 weeks.
Step 3 – Complete Your Solarc Order Online
To place an order simply select the item from our Store and add it to your cart. You can then follow the checkout procedure however, shipping to Mexico can be complicated so please review the following information before placing your order.
Solarc Systems Inc. offers two possible shipping methods to Mexico. The two methods are as follows:
- Door-to-Door Shipping: This shipping method has your Solarc device delivered directly to your door. This is the preferred method of shipping for smaller devices and other smaller accessories as it is cheaper for smaller packages and much more convenience. This option is best for shipping a 100-Series devices, 500-Series devices, UV Goggles or one E-Series device.
- Airport-to-Airport Shipping: This shipping method has your Solarc device delivered to your nearest international airport where you will then need to retrieve the package and handle any customs paperwork your country may require. This method is significantly cheaper and much less likely to result in shipping damage than door-to-door shipping when purchasing one of our larger phototherapy devices. This option is best for shipping 1000-Series devices, multiple E-Series devices, or replacement phototherapy lamps.
Note: When placing your order, please note that for the Airport-to-Airport shipping method, a standard shipping cost of $500.00USD will be applied to your order. This shipping cost may change depending on which device you are ordering and which international airport you are having the device delivered to. Solarc Systems will contact you once your order is placed to determine which airport you would like your device shipped to and your total purchase price will be changed to reflect shipping to that airport by either refunding part of the shipping cost or charging more for the shipping cost. If you are unhappy with the new shipping cost, you can cancel your order free of charge.
Before ordering your Solarc home phototherapy device, please review our Warranty and Arrival Guarantee.
Step 4 – Your SolRx Unit Arrives
Once you receive your SolRx unit, it is very important to first read the User’s Manual. 1000‑Series and E-Series units are shipped fully assembled and take 10 to 20 minutes to install. The 500‑Series and 100‑Series units are ready to go. Our packaging has been refined over the years and is extremely heavy-duty, however, there is always a possibility of shipping damage. In the rare event that this occurs, we ask that you accept the shipment. We will then, as a minimum, send you the replacement parts with which to make the repair at no charge, per our Arrival Guarantee.
Your first treatment can only be taken after the User’s Manual has been completely read and understood. New bulbs are very powerful – be very conservative with your first treatment times! If there are any questions or problems, contact your physician or Solarc Systems at 705.739.8279. We will do our best to help you.
Advise your family that it is not a tanning device (which have much longer treatment times) and that they are not to use the device under any circumstances. After using the device, remove and hide the key to prevent misuse by others.
The success rate for our equipment is very high and we sincerely wish the same for you. After four to five months, we typically make a follow up. We are very interested in your progress and love to hear both the success stories and any ideas for improvement. We will do our best to help you.
Good luck with your treatments!
Bruce Elliott, P.Eng. President, Founder & Lifelong Psoriasis Sufferer, Solarc Systems Inc.
More Questions? If you have any more questions, please contact us